State of New York City’s Housing & Neighborhoods – 2007 Report
Download the report
PDF, 8.76 MB
The Furman Center is pleased to present the 2007 edition of the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods. Every year the Furman Center compiles statistics on housing, demographics and quality of life in the City, its five boroughs and 59 community districts.
Our analysis this year analyzes mortgage lending trends in the City since 1996, exploring how the population of mortgage borrowers has shifted, and how innovations like subprime and piggyback loans have transformed the home mortgage landscape in New York City.
Each section may be downloaded as an individual PDF file below.
- Front Matter Acknowledgments and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary Introduction to the 2007 edition and a summary of key findings
- Trends in New York City Mortgage Lending
- Notes on the 2007 Edition Geographic definitions, ranking information, and a look at what’s new in the State of NYC’s Housing and Neighborhoods 2007
- Indicators Data indicator definitions, source information, and geography and year for which data is available. This section also provides rankings for each indicator, showing the neighborhoods that have the highest and lowest totals.
- New York City Data and analysis of trends on New York City as a whole
- State of New Yorkers Data and analysis of a number of neighborhood quality indicators by race rather than geography
- Bronx Data and analysis of trends in the Bronx and its 12 community districts
- Brooklyn Data and analysis of trends in Brooklyn and its 18 community districts.
- Manhattan Data and analysis of trends in Manhattan and its 12 community districts.
- Queens Data and analysis of trends in Queens and its 14 community districts.
- Staten Island Data and analysis of trends in Staten Island and its three community districts.
- Methods This section includes a description of our data methods.
- Index of Community Districts and Maps of Community Districts and Sub-Bourough Areas
- Back Matter About the Furman Center and Acknowledgements.
The data for each community district may be downloaded as an individual PDF file below.
- Mott Haven/ Melrose 101
- Hunts Point/Longwood 102
- Morrisania/Crotona 103
- Highbridge/Concourse 104
- Fordham/University Heights 105
- Belmont/East Tremont 106
- Kingsbridge Heights/Bedford 107
- Riverdale/Fieldston 108
- Parkchester/Soundview 109
- Throgs Neck/Co-op City 110
- Morris Park/Bronxdale 111
- Williamsbridge/Baychester 112
- Greenpoint/Williamsburg 201
- Fort Greene/Brooklyn Heights 202
- Bedford Stuyvesant 203
- Bushwick 204
- East New York/Starrett City 205
- Park Slope/Carroll Gardens 206
- Sunset Park 207
- Crown Heights 208
- South Crown Heights/Prospect Hts 209
- Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights 210
- Bensonhurst 211
- Borough Park 212
- Coney Island 213
- Flatbush/Midwood 214
- Sheepshead Bay 215
- Brownsville 216
- East Flatbush 217
- Flatlands/Canarsie 218
- Financial District 301
- Greenwich Village/Soho 302
- Lower East Side/Chinatown 303
- Clinton/Chelsea 304
- Midtown 305
- Stuyvesant Town/Turtle Bay 306
- Upper West Side 307
- Upper East Side 308
- Morningside Heights/Hamilton 309
- Central Harlem 310
- East Harlem 311
- Washington Heights /Inwood 312
- Astoria 401
- Woodside/Sunnyside 402
- Jackson Heights 403
- Elmhurst/Corona 404
- Ridgewood/Maspeth 405
- Rego Park/Forest Hills 406
- Flushing/Whitestone 407
- Hillcrest/Fresh Meadows 408
- Ozone Park/Woodhaven 409
- S. Ozone Park/Howard Beach 410
- Bayside/Little Neck 411
- Jamaica/Hollis 412
- Queens Village 413
- Rockaway/Broad Channel 414