Furman Center Hosts Forum on Economic Inequalit
On Wednesday, May 28th, 2014, from 3:30-7:30 p.m., the NYU Furman Center will host a forum on economic inequality at NYU School of Law. The event, titled, By the Numbers: Exploring Neighborhood Inequality, is presented in conjunction with the release of the NYU Furman Center's State of New York City's Housing and Neighborhoods in 2013 report.
The forum will explore the structural limitations to tackling income inequality, as well as the specific policy levers available to government leaders to address it. The program will include:
- Keynote by Gene Sperling, former Director of the National Economic Council and Assistant to the President for Economic Policy.
- Key findings from the State of New York City's Housing and Neighborhoods in 2013, presented by the NYU Furman Center.
- Panel discussion featuring:
- Brent Staples, The New York Times Editorial Board (Moderator)
- Xavier de Souza Briggs, Vice President of Economic Opportunity and Assets, Ford Foundation
- David Jones, President & Chief Executive Officer, Community Service Society of New York
- Kathryn Wylde, President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
Immediately following the program, guests are invited to a wine and cheese reception. The event is free and open to the public, but advance registration is required. Please RSVP here, or if you cannot attend the event, you may submit a request to receive a copy of the report in the mail. The report will also be available online.
The NYU Furman Center relies on the support of our funding partners to produce the State of New York City's Housing and Neighborhoods report and the By the Numbers event. If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Kevin Findlan at email@example.com or 212-998-6597.
Principal Sponsors: Capital One Bank, Chase; Major Sponsors: Bank of America, Citi Community Development, Real Estate Board of New York, The Richman Group Affordable Housing Corp.; Supporting Sponsors: Gotham Organization, M&T Bank, Omni New York LLC, Santander Bank, TD Bank USA, N.A., Tishman Speyer; Contributing Sponsors: AvalonBay Communities, Inc., The Arker Companies, Signature Bank, Local Initiatives Support Corporation, Jonathan Rose Companies, Monadnock Development LLC, Phipps Houses, The Community Preservation Corporation