State of New York City’s Housing & Neighborhoods – 2012 Report
Download the report
PDF, 17 MB
The Furman Center is pleased to present the 2012 edition of the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods. In this annual report, the Furman Center compiles statistics on housing, demographics and quality of life in the City, its five boroughs and 59 community districts.
This year's report provides a comprehensive analysis of post-recession New York City, including the impact on the city's built environment, homeowners and their homes, renters and rental housing, demographics, and neighborhood life.
Each section may be downloaded as an individual PDF file below.
You can access our Focus Chapter and Citywide Data in the PDF files below. For a copy of the full report, email [email protected].
- PART ONE: The Report Part One of the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods 2012 report in its entirety.
- Front Matter Acknowledgments and Table of Contents.
- Executive Summary Introduction to the 2012 edition and a summary of key findings.
- The State of New York City’s Built Environment
- The State of New York City’s Homeowners and Their Homes
- The State of New York City’s Rental Housing
- The State of New York City’s Demographics
- The State of New York City’s Schools, Health and Crime.
- User’s Guide
- PART TWO: The Data Part Two of the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods in its entirety.
- New York City Data New York City data and analysis.
- The State of New Yorkers Data and analysis of New York City indicators by race.
- The Bronx Data and analysis of trends in the Bronx and its 12 community districts.
- Brooklyn Data and analysis of trends in Brooklyn and its 18 community districts.
- Manhattan Data and analysis of trends in Manhattan and its 12 community districts.
- Queens Data and analysis of trends in Queens and its 14 community districts.
- Staten Island Data and analysis of trends in Staten Island and its three community districts.
- Indicator Definitions and Rankings Data indicator definitions, source information, geography, and year for which data is available. This section also provides rankings for each indicator, showing the neighborhoods that have the highest and lowest totals.
- Methods This section includes a description of data methods.
- About the Furman Center
The data for each community district may be downloaded as an individual PDF file below.
- BX 01 Mott Haven / Melrose (645 KB)
- BX 02 Hunts Point / Longwood (647 KB)
- BX 03 Morrisania / Crotona (643 KB)
- BX 04 Highbridge / Concourse (644 KB)
- BX 05 Fordham / University Heights (644 KB)
- BX 06 Belmont / East Tremont (647 KB)
- BX 07 Kingsbridge Heights / Bedford (650 KB)
- BX 08 Riverdale / Fieldston (649 KB)
- BX 09 Parchester / Soundview (648 KB)
- BX 10 Throgs Neck / Co-op City (650 KB)
- BX 11 Morris Park / Bronxdale (650 KB)
- BX 12 Williamsbridge / Baychester (651 KB)
- BK 01 Greenpoint / Williamsburg (630 KB)
- BK 02 Fort Greene / Brooklyn Heights (630 KB)
- BK 03 Bedford Stuyvesant (631 KB)
- BK 04 Bushwick (632 KB)
- BK 05 East New York / Starrett City (632 KB)
- BK 06 Park Slope / Carroll Gardens (634 KB)
- BK 07 Sunset Park (634 KB)
- BK 08 Crown Hts / Prospect Hts (636 KB)
- BK 09 S. Crown Hts / Lefferts Gardens (636 KB)
- BK 10 Bay Ridge / Dyker Heights (637 KB)
- BK 11 Bensonhurst (638 KB)
- BK 12 Borough Park (639 KB)
- BK 13 Coney Island (641 KB)
- BK 14 Flatbush / Midwood (641 KB)
- BK 15 Sheepshead Bay (643 KB)
- BK 16 Brownsville (642 KB)
- BK 17 East Flatbush (643 KB)
- BK 18 Flatlands / Canarsie (646 KB)
- MN 01 Financial District (671 KB)
- MN 02 Greenwich Village / Soho (672 KB)
- MN 03 Lower East Side / Chinatown (673 KB)
- MN 04 Clinton / Chelsea (674 KB)
- MN 05 Midtown (675 KB)
- MN 06 Stuyvesant Town / Turtle Bay (676 KB)
- MN 07 Upper West Side (676 KB)
- MN 08 Upper East Side (677 KB)
- MN 09 Morningside Heights / Hamilton (678 KB)
- MN 10 Central Harlem (679 KB)
- MN 11 East Harlem (680 KB)
- MN 12 Washington Heights / Inwood (681 KB)
- QN 01 Astoria (765 KB)
- QN 02 Woodside/ Sunnyside (767 KB)
- QN 03 Jackson Heights (767 KB)
- QN 04 Elmhurst / Corona (768 KB)
- QN 05 Ridgewood / Maspeth (769 KB)
- QN 06 Rego Park / Forest Hills (770 KB)
- QN 07 Fulshing / Whitestone (771 KB)
- QN 08 Hillcrest / Freshmedows (769 KB)
- QN 09 Kew Gardens / Woodhaven (770 KB)
- QN 10 S. Ozone Park / Howard Beach (771 KB)
- QN 11 Bayside / Little Neck (774 KB)
- QN 12 Jamaica / Hollis (774 KB)
- QN 13 Queens Village (775 KB)
- QN 14 Rockaway / Broad Channel (776 KB)