State of New York City’s Housing & Neighborhoods – 2007 Report
Download the report
PDF, 9 MB
The Furman Center is pleased to present the 2007 edition of the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods. Every year the Furman Center compiles statistics on housing, demographics and quality of life in the City, its five boroughs and 59 community districts.
Our analysis this year analyzes mortgage lending trends in the City since 1996, exploring how the population of mortgage borrowers has shifted, and how innovations like subprime and piggyback loans have transformed the home mortgage landscape in New York City.
You can access our Focus Chapter and Citywide Data in the PDF files below. For a copy of the full report, email [email protected].
- Front Matter Acknowledgments and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary Introduction to the 2007 edition and a summary of key findings
- Trends in New York City Mortgage Lending
- Notes on the 2007 Edition Geographic definitions, ranking information, and a look at what’s new in the State of NYC’s Housing and Neighborhoods 2007
- Indicators Data indicator definitions, source information, and geography and year for which data is available. This section also provides rankings for each indicator, showing the neighborhoods that have the highest and lowest totals.
- New York City Data and analysis of trends on New York City as a whole
- State of New Yorkers Data and analysis of a number of neighborhood quality indicators by race rather than geography
- Bronx Data and analysis of trends in the Bronx and its 12 community districts
- Brooklyn Data and analysis of trends in Brooklyn and its 18 community districts.
- Manhattan Data and analysis of trends in Manhattan and its 12 community districts.
- Queens Data and analysis of trends in Queens and its 14 community districts.
- Staten Island Data and analysis of trends in Staten Island and its three community districts.
- Methods This section includes a description of our data methods.
- Index of Community Districts and Maps of Community Districts and Sub-Bourough Areas
- Back Matter About the Furman Center and Acknowledgements.
The data for each community district may be downloaded as an individual PDF file below.
- Mott Haven/ Melrose 101 (136 KB)
- Hunts Point/Longwood 102 (134 KB)
- Morrisania/Crotona 103 (136 KB)
- Highbridge/Concourse 104 (138 KB)
- Fordham/University Heights 105 (137 KB)
- Belmont/East Tremont 106 (149 KB)
- Kingsbridge Heights/Bedford 107 (136 KB)
- Riverdale/Fieldston 108 (136 KB)
- Parkchester/Soundview 109 (136 KB)
- Throgs Neck/Co-op City 110 (140 KB)
- Morris Park/Bronxdale 111 (137 KB)
- Williamsbridge/Baychester 112 (138 KB)
- Greenpoint/Williamsburg 201 (154 KB)
- Fort Greene/Brooklyn Heights 202 (157 KB)
- Bedford Stuyvesant 203 (178 KB)
- Bushwick 204 (154 KB)
- East New York/Starrett City 205 (154 KB)
- Park Slope/Carroll Gardens 206 (154 KB)
- Sunset Park 207 (167 KB)
- Crown Heights 208 (153 KB)
- South Crown Heights/Prospect Hts 209 (153 KB)
- Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights 210 (153 KB)
- Bensonhurst 211 (153 KB)
- Borough Park 212 (154 KB)
- Coney Island 213 (154 KB)
- Flatbush/Midwood 214 (154 KB)
- Sheepshead Bay 215 (155 KB)
- Brownsville 216 (153 KB)
- East Flatbush 217 (154 KB)
- Flatlands/Canarsie 218 (154 KB)
- Financial District 301 (131 KB)
- Greenwich Village/Soho 302 (130 KB)
- Lower East Side/Chinatown 303 (130 KB)
- Clinton/Chelsea 304 (131 KB)
- Midtown 305 (130 KB)
- Stuyvesant Town/Turtle Bay 306 (143 KB)
- Upper West Side 307 (130 KB)
- Upper East Side 308 (130 KB)
- Morningside Heights/Hamilton 309 (130 KB)
- Central Harlem 310 (130 KB)
- East Harlem 311 (130 KB)
- Washington Heights /Inwood 312 (130 KB)
- Astoria 401 (170 KB)
- Woodside/Sunnyside 402 (169 KB)
- Jackson Heights 403 (169 KB)
- Elmhurst/Corona 404 (169 KB)
- Ridgewood/Maspeth 405 (170 KB)
- Rego Park/Forest Hills 406 (170 KB)
- Flushing/Whitestone 407 (171 KB)
- Hillcrest/Fresh Meadows 408 (170 KB)
- Ozone Park/Woodhaven 409 (169 KB)
- S. Ozone Park/Howard Beach 410 (170 KB)
- Bayside/Little Neck 411 (171 KB)
- Jamaica/Hollis 412 (170 KB)
- Queens Village 413 (172 KB)
- Rockaway/Broad Channel 414 (172 KB)