- Communications and Policy Research Assistant (posted June 25, 2014)
Graduate Research Assistants
The Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy seeks NYU graduate students to work as research assistants (RAs). Newly-hired RAs must commit approximately 10-20 hours per week during the school year.
RAs may work on a wide variety of projects throughout the year. These projects may include policy and communications work, data analysis, web development, or event planning. RAs additionally participate in brainstorming sessions and have access to informal and formal extracurricular training opportunities and networking. Ideal candidates possess a high level of ability in one or more of the below skill sets and exhibit an interest in or passion for urban policy, housing, and/or land use issues.
To apply, NYU graduate students should send the following three items:
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts for undergraduate and past graduate degree work (unofficial copies of the transcript are acceptable)
Email these three documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RA Application”.
While not required, the strongest applications include supporting documentation of one or more of the below skill sets. To be considered for opportunities in policy analysis, please include a writing sample. To be considered for opportunities in communications or data visualization, please include links to past work.
We particularly seek research assistants with the following skill sets:
- Programming experience in R, SQL, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- GIS and spatial analytics
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Data visualization technologies and fusion tables
- PowerPoint and presentation development
- Research and policy analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Event planning and coordination
Please highlight in your resume or cover letter which skills you are prepared to offer, as well as your degree of proficiency in each.